Registered Charity Details
Name: CHARLIES GIFT FUND INCORPORATED
Registration Number: INC1700334
Australian Business Number (ABN): 86 568 917 131
We are committed to protecting the privacy of our contacts, customers, suppliers and employees (paid or unpaid) (“you and when relating to you, “your”) and complying with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
In this policy we describe how we manage your personal information:
- The kinds of personal information we collect
The kinds of personal information that we collect include:
- Contact details such as name, role or position, address, email address, mobile number, landline number and fax number.
- Information relating to your circumstances and affairs relevant to the matter/s in which we are instructed.
- Information regarding our communication with you and your attendance at seminars and promotional events held by us:
- If you are a supplier or prospective supplier, information about your business skills, services products and prices.
- How we collect personal information
2.1 We collect personal information by various means including when:
- you contact us with a question or inquiry;
- you attend a seminar or event where we are hosting or presenting;
- you visit our website;
- we invite you to become an acting member of Charlie’s Gift, whether on the board, working party, volunteers or any other paid or non paid worker within our NFP incorporation.
2.2 Where practicable we collect personal information about you directly from you. However, we may have collected information about you from a third party such as a family member or employer.
2.3 If you do not provide us with accurate personal information we may not be able to carry our instruction or achieve the purpose for which the information has been sought.
- The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information.
3.1 We collect, hold, use personal information in order to:
- respond to your enquiries;
- employ (paid or unpaid) competent and diligent personnel;
- Monitor or improve programmes, fundraises, funding distribution and overall performance of our charity fund;
- promote, advise, inform on our performance, employer(s) (paid or unpaid) performance/participation and funding outcomes to ensure transparency and acknowledge community participation.
3.2 We disclose personal information
- In order to carry out the instructions of our clients; and
- subject to our confidentiality obligation, when using services in support of our charity fund.
- The parties to whom your personal information is disclosed:
4.1 Subject to our confidentiality obligations, we may share some relevant personal information with:
- Parties related to a matter you have with us, government authorities and service providers as reasonably required to carry out your instructions;
- Our e-mail marketing provider for the purposes of providing you relevant information, newsletters, invitations and Charity Fund performance updates;
- Third party service providers who assist us with archival, auditing accounting, business consulting, website or technology services.
4.2 We also will disclose your information if required by law to do so or in circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act- for example, where we have reasonable grounds to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature has occurred that may cause our Fund, its employees, its sponsors, its service providers or any other body/person connected to the Fund embarrassment, brand defamation or liability.
- Opting out of marketing communications
5.1 We may, from time to time, send you newsletters, invitations and legal updates about our Fund, its programs and services. You can opt out of receiving further such communications by notifying us using our contact details below or by clicking the unsubscribe “option at the bottom of any marketing e-mail received from us.
6.1 We take reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. For example, we continually upgrade our cyber security systems and keep hard copy information secured.
- Notification of Change
- Complaint/Contact us
and/or contact the:
Office of the Australian Information Commission
The content on this website is provided for information purposes only. Information, data and advice on this website is provided on the basis that site users undertake responsible assessment of accuracy and relevance of it content.
Charlies Gift Fund Incorporated or it takes a Village Pty Ltd makes no representations, either expressed or implied, as to the necessity or suitability of anything on this website for any particular purpose. Charlies Gift Fund Pty Ltd may provide links to a number of external websites and reviewing the content of those sites is not the responsibility of Charlies Gift Incorporated nor does it endorse, approve or recommend the content.
We do not accept any liability to any person:
- For the information, data, or advice (or the use of such information, data or advice) which is provided on the is website or incorporated in it by references.
- For any interference with or damage to a user’s computer, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to its website or its use.
Charlies Gift also warns of cyber fraud. It is a significant risk, especially in relation to email and bank account details, which can be intercepted or modified. Please DO NOT act on any email communication asking you to transfer or deposit money without contact us by telephone first to confirm the authenticity of the request.